Wednesday, April 1, 2009

B Stuff

B has been our most difficult letter to write. In fact, two weeks later, Talmage will write M, E, and L out of his own head, but still struggles with the two bumps on B.

I don't have any books that stand out, except we discovered Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus this week and though it wasn't the best B book, it might be the best children's book ever written.

Activities

Banana bread. Big hit. With both Tyler and Talmage.

Bumblebee B.

I drew a hive and then used my thumbprint dipped in yellow paint to make bumblebees swirling around it. I use me in the first person because Talmage would have no part of putting his hand into paint. Whose child is this?

Blue painting.

I had visions of channeling Picasso and his blue period. Actually Stockton was with us for this activity, and he was quite involved painting much of our kitchen.

This was pretty simple. I mixed three colors of blue and let them have at it. Then they took baths.

Bluebirds.


The idea for this was actually blackbirds, but I didn't have any black paint at the time. That way we could do the blackbird poem:

Two little blackbirds sitting on a hill
One named Jack and the other named Jill.
Fly away Jack; fly away Jill.
Come back Jack; come back Jill.

We took a large and a small paper plate, painted them blue, glued them together. I improvised feet and wings. Add a triangle beak, googly eyes and that's it.

Visit to the Tracy Aviary. To see the birds.

Bird Feeder. For next time.

Bubbles. For next time.

B treasure hunt. Ball, bed, bathtub, blanket, bottle, bionicle. The treat was Gummi Bears.


1 comment:

  1. I have a 'B' book you can borrow. Actually 2. They are none other than Seseme Street of course! This is a great blog!

    ReplyDelete