Thursday, March 25, 2010

CL Stuff

Activities

Clay Coil Pot



I found this self-hardening clay at the craft store and taught Tal how to make a coil pot. We rolled out long snakes of clay and then circled them around until we had formed a pot.

Tricks I remembered from high school pottery: Scratch and wet each layer before adding the next one. I guess that's it.

Clown Collage



I found this project in the Usborne Art Treasury (see link at left). Have I touted the virtues of this book yet? This book has fantastic ideas for art projects using not much more than your basic craft materials. If you've got paint, paper, and glue, you're pretty much good to go. The authors connect each project with a work of art, and this project was connected to Picasso and his collages.

Clock

I used some clock flash cards to teach Tal how to tell time. He's pretty good. He definitely gets that the little hand points to the hour and the big hand points to the minutes. He also got pretty good and counting by fives.

Treasure hunt: closet, clothes, clay, clock. The treat was eclipse gum.

No comments:

Post a Comment