Monday, April 27, 2009

H Stuff

H week was pretty fun. I randomly had a lot of ideas for this week, which made it fun. Books were actually kind of tricky. These are the best we found: The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audrey Wood, Dream Hop by Julia Durango, and Hank Finds Inspiration by Craig Frazier.

Activities.

Hippo Puppet.


To continue with the paper bag puppet theme, we made hippo puppets. These were a little different (and inferior in my opinion) because they didn't have mouths that opened and closed. But we colored them instead of painted them, which was a fun turn of events. Here is the template for the head (to be glued on the flap) and here is the template for the body (to be glued on the bag part, just under the flap).

Heart Attack. I am a photography idiot, and I took pictures of this with Tyler's camera without a chip in the camera.


Pretty simple. We cut multi-colored hearts out and I let Talmage and our friend Benji who was over that day decorate them. They mostly used crayons, but I had our usual craft bling--feathers, googly eyes, buttons, and poof balls. We then gave Daddy a "heart attack" and attacked all the doors upstairs with hearts to celebrate Daddy's first day of the LPP program. I envisioned them on the bedroom door, but Talmage wanted a wider ranging heart attack.

This is the heart Talmage made for himself that day. You'll note an abundance of googly eyes.

Hand Painting.



This was really fun and really messy. I rolled out butcher paper in the driveway and we dipped our hands in paint and made prints on the paper. My original vision had us placing our prints in a circle, but Talmage of course got a little more creative and branched out.


Mental note: I need to get an old sheet for driveway paint projects. There are a few green footprints in front of our house now. Oh well. It's washable paint.

Hat (the newspaper variety).

These are the instructions I followed. Originally I thought I would buy a visor from the craft store and we'd decorate it. If I have a girl, that might be fun. This was nice and simple though.

Hungry Hungry Hippos. The game. We played it.

H treasure hunt. house, hot dog, hammer, hair, hat, hanger. Treasure was Heath bar.

1 comment:

  1. Long-lost Laura! Of course I remember you. Tall, funny, smart as a whip. I saw you, ever so briefly, after your mission in the SL temple. Was it your wedding day? You looked gorgeous, anyway.

    Please drop by my blog again sometime. I'm glad I have a link to yours now, too. I'll surf around and try to piece together what you have been doing the past few years. It will be like a treasure hunt.

    I am glad we are reconnected. Stay in cyber-touch!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete