Sunday, May 9, 2010

FR Stuff

Most of the books we used had "friend" in the title.

Activities

Frame

This is also a repeat from F week. Tal was a little more rushed with this years frame. But he was excited about what happens when red and green mix.



I thought the frame set off Tyler's mountain picture nicely.

Fractal

This is a Sierpinski Triangle.



It is a fractal, which means it is "a rough or fragmented geometric shape that can be split into parts, each of which is (at least approximately) a reduced-size copy of the whole." I didn't teach Tal that, but we did make a Sierpinski Triangle.



We actually made one on each side of the paper, and Tal then wanted to cut it out. Hence the incompleteness of the fractal. Don't tell Mrs. Keir. I'm not sure Tal understood any of this, but he got good practice drawing triangles. I didn't realize until we did this that he didn't really know how, so I made three dots and he connected them.

Frog I ran out of time this week, but the frog we did during F week would have fit nicely here.

Treasure hunt: fractal, frame, freezer, fruit, frog. The treasure was fruit snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment