Tuesday, April 14, 2009

F Stuff

Now that I'm a year into this project and I'm doing phoenetic sounds like FR and FL, I realized that I did F all wrong. Frame, frog, and flag belong in a later week. Remember this next time.

I found great F books. Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Conner and The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss were perfect. Ugly Fish by Kara LaReau was excellent for Fs, but the plot line (where a fish doesn't want to share his tank, so he eats all the peppy fish who are put in there with him) was a bit alarming for a toddler. Talmage's review? "I don't want to be swallowed."

Activities

Frame.

When I went to the craft store to stock up a couple of weeks ago I found a wooden frame for about 99 cents. Perfect.

Talmage painted and decorated it. And I did a good job letting go of creative control. I think it turned out rather well.



Frog.



To continue our paper bag puppet theme, I found a frog. Here is the template, but I'm sure you could improvise one just as easily.

Flag.



This may have been Talmage's favorite activity yet because of the stickers involved. White paper. We glued red stripes on. Blue square. And all the star stickers you want!

Family ABC book.





I stole this idea from my sister-in-law Sarah. I spent WAY too much time scrapbooking papers with each of the letters of the alphabet. Then we glued on a picture of someone in our family whose name started with that letter. We included grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and immediate family. Maquel, I would like to suggest you name your twins Ursula and Veronica.

Wheeler Farm. It was a fun time to go to the farm because all the animals have babies right now. I was probably the most excited.

F treasure hunt. family, fridge, food, fire truck, face, fingers, fur. The treat was Swedish fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment