Thursday, June 4, 2009

M Stuff

This week was FABULOUS. The creativity was flowing rivers. RIVERS.

My favorite childhood book, Mother, Mother, I Want Another by Maria Polushkin Robbins, was a perfect M book.

Activities

Mosaic.





Our neighbor, Ida, who is wonderful in all things toddler, gave us a big bag of small colored squares. Talmage and I used them to make mosaics. Then we looked at images from the Mausoleum of Galla Placida in Ravenna:



Talmage looked for a while and then said "I'm all done, Mom."

Mailboxes.



Woah. I didn't forsee the wild success of this project. We took three boxes, wrapped them in different colors and then decorated the outside. You know, old school elementary Valentine's boxes. Then we put one in mommy and daddy's room, one in Talmage's room and one in Asher's room. Now periodically throughout the week, I write mail to various people. Not frequently enough for Talmage, who checks his mailbox for new mail roughly fifty-seven times a day.

Map Hunt. Talmage loves looking at maps at the zoo, so for this hunt I made four maps of the floorplan of my house (something tells me that isn't something I should post on the internet). Then we found the star that marked where we were and the star where we wanted to go to find the next map, and followed the map. Talmage was shockingly good at it. The last map guided us to a treat.

Masks. We didn't actually do this, but when I do this with Asher, we should decorate masks.

Treasure hunt. milk, microwave, mirror, macaroni, mom, and mailbox. Treat was M&Ms.

No comments:

Post a Comment