Tuesday, June 16, 2009

O Stuff

This week I did a specific library catalog search again. I searched octopus, ostrich, and otter. Cowboy and Octopus by Jon Scieszka was probably our favorite. Okay, it was my favorite. I kept trying to get Talmage to pick it at night.

Activities

Octopus Windsock



Piece of paper. Talmage chose blue. I glued two together so that it would be long enough for eight legs each a ribbon width long. I trimmed the paper width-wise and then let Talmage color it. We glued on googly eyes and then attached 8 ribbons for the legs. I tied yarn at the top so we could hang it.

At the end Talmage was very clear on the fact that octopi have eight legs.

Ostrich

We printed off this coloring page. I thought it looked a little cleaner when we cut it out and glued it on colored paper.



Orange Painting




I mixed three shades of orange. Then we painted.

Treasure Hunt. octopus, omelet, otter, ostrich. The treasure was Oh Henry bar (nobody makes treats with short vowel sounds).

No comments:

Post a Comment