Wednesday, April 1, 2009

C Stuff

As soon as we started C Week, Talmage guessed that the C made the sound "sss." I corrected him and changed the sound to "kkk." I'm sure I'm going to shake his grip on his worldview when I teach him the soft C sound. English is tricky.

Activities

Cookies and cards for our cousins. Actually just our cousins who live in Salt Lake got cookies. We mailed cards to the rest. So far, the cooking projects might be Talmage's favorite. And he likes to paint.

Colorful collage.



This was fun. I rolled out about 10 feet of paper and compiled everything creative I could think of. Wrapping paper, paint, markers, tissue paper, magazines, cookie cutters for tracing, glue. I think that's it. We then went crazy. Well, (as I mentioned before) Talmage loves to paint, and he stuck with that. I did more of the papier colle part.

Cow puzzle. Here's the site with the instructions for this. We printed stage 4 and glued it on a cereal box for durability. We needn't have bothered. Talmage loves puzzles. They're his gift. And apparently this didn't hold a candle to the 500 piece puzzle we were working on on the dining room table. The pieces didn't even stick together! It's in the garbage can now.

Caterpillar


We took a popsicle stick, glue poof balls on it, googly eyes, and used a pipe cleaner for an antenna. I probably should have used a longer popsicle stick. Incidentally, our book that day was The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Not bad for hard C sounds.

Caterpillar C.


Pretty simple. I cut out bright colored circles and Talmage glued them in a C shape.

Visit to Costco. Okay, we needed to go to Costco and I passed it off as a C activity. We got hot dogs and a smoothie.

Car trip.


We went to Moab at the end of the week. Tyler's annoyed that I've forever changed road trips to car trips in Talmage's head.

C treasure hunt. Camera, closet, clothes, cup, cars. The treasure was cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment